Wednesday, February 02, 2005

And Knowing's Half the Battle

This will be short because, really, the story writes itself.

In case you've been unaware, a website supposedly used by Iraqi not-nice-people claimed to have an American GI in their custody and threatened to do Bad Things if they didn't get what they wanted.

As it turns out, the picture is apparently of a plastic doll, excuse me, action figure.

I'm almost hoping this is the work of some very clever hackers or some government types using a little counter psyops to make said not-nice-people look like idiots, on top of the barbarians (apologies to Conan) they've already proven themselves to be. If not, I'll have to find a way to sneak into their next not-nice-people meeting, because I simply must hear Akbar's explanation as to what thought process led him to believe that threatening to shoot a doll, excuse me, action figure, was a Good Idea.

In the meantime, I'm assembling Duke, Lady Jaye and Snake Eyes for a rescue mission. I'll probably throw in Darth Vader and a Gundam for good measure.


3 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I thought this was SO hilarious! Makes them look fairly incompetent, doesn't it?

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As per usual, truth is stranger than fiction ;-)

12:41 AM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

As per usual, truth is stranger than fiction ;-)

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home