Friday, April 08, 2005

A Reprieve from Hell?

Ok, so they didn't hire Harry Potter, just his ne'er do well cousin, Henry.

As of 4:30pm, I have a new shower wall. Looks like "Henry" came in here while I was fetching new antibiotics for the throat infection I picked up from the miasma unleashed when the Tile Towers fell. To be fair, it looks like he ripped out the entire wall section and replaced all of the drywall, tile and grout and did a decent job at that (though he forgot to replace the soap dish, not that I care, never used it anyways).

But, of course, the entire fiasco begs two questions:

1) How quickly would this have been done if I hadn't raised such hell about it?

2) Wouldn't this have been avoided altogether if, when I had repeatedly (this being the operative word) complained about a water stain and "popcorn" peeling off the ceiling above my shower head, which suggested a water leak, they had properly investigated the problem instead of taking the easy was out by just spackling on new popcorn and declaring victory? This is the maintenance version of me complaining about an a leaky radiator hose and the mechanic just adding more water until the hose blows entirely.

Still, the mold has hopefully been sealed away. I'll do my meds, saturation-bomb the domicile with Lysol and begin a search for a new abode...

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

FINALLY! I can comment again.... blogger's been barfing a bit, I'm afraid.

glad this was taken care of, but it really sounds like you should move.

btw, even my brother, of all people, has started blogging. I'm infecting everyone!

5:56 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

The real estate section of the local rag now occupies an esteemed place on my dinner table.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home