Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Sickest People in the World

As the saying goes, disasters like N'awlins brings out the best in humanity... and the worst. I'm used to the usual suspects: the looters, the price gougers, the scam artists, etc. But Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the fine folks in the Majestic Oaks Homeowners Association (and those supporting them), my winners of the Worst Humans on the Planet of the Year Award. I am sickened to read these reprobates actually live in a state that survived 4 hurricanes last year in no small part to the aid rendered by our neighbors. They can point to covenants and deed restrictions all they want... blah blah blah. The bottom line is they're seeking to deny shelter to people who've had their f-ing houses blown away, presumably because they don't want their property values affected by the presence of undesireables.

They'd better hope there's no God, because He'll have a special place in hell waiting for them.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kosh Naranek said...

Wow, I am embarrassed to think they are from Florida. Why does it seem like Florida homeowners associations are particularly ruthless? It seems like the only times I hear about them in the news is when they've banned some family with three kids, all with cancer, from erecting a tree house or ruled American flags are a no-no.

2:00 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

My friend TheBeefWhoWatches made an observation that such types are generally retirees for whom such associations are their only scrap of real power and by cracky, they're going to lord it over everyone as much as they can. Mind you, this is his theory, not mine, but at a minimum, I'd like to know whether they're primarily transplanted or homegrown mysanthropes.

7:25 PM  
Blogger L said...

Somehow, I am not surprised

11:28 PM  
Blogger L said...

I hope things are going swimmingly with you (and by "swimmingly" I mean "very well", not "struggling to keep your head above water")

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog Matt. Our opinions pretty much agree on the NO fiasco. I was pretty vocal about it myself on my blog. *LOL* This is after we nearly got flattened by Charley down here in Charlotte County.

Les (aka MadMumbler)

2:43 PM  
Blogger L said...

Happy New Year!

8:44 PM  
Blogger L said...

okay, I guess this means that you will never blog again....

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home