Sunday, July 24, 2005

And the Winner Is...

The results of the 2005 World Stupidity Awards are in.

Stupidest Government of the Year: Canada

Stupidest Statement of the Year: "They never stop thinking of ways of harming America, and neither do we." - President George W. Bush

Stupidest Man of the Year: Ann Coulter

Stupidist Woman of the Year: Paris Hilton

Stupidest Show of the Year: The Simple Life

Dumbest Moment of the Year: Ashlee Simpson's lip-synching performance on SNL

Stupidest Movie of the Year: Alien vs. Predator

Stupidest Trend of the Year: Crystal meth

Stupidity Award for Reckless Endangerment of the Planet: Kim Jong Il

Media Outlet Which Has Best Furthered Ignorance: Fox News

Stupidest Award Show of the Year: The World Stupidity Awards

[Addendum: Thanks to some oh-so-helpful comment, I've added the actual link to the news story reporting these. You can also visit the Stupidity Awards site.]

5 Comments:

Blogger L said...

I really have to disagree with you on one item:

stupidest government of the year: ours

10:07 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

Disagree with me? I don't makes the news, I just reports it.

9:47 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

Just to humor you, Anonymous, I've added links to both the news story and the web site. You could've easily found them yourself, had you bothered to look.

In the meantime, congratulations on winning my "Get a Life, Will Ya?" Award of 2005. Bill Shatner would be proud.

7:39 PM  
Blogger L said...

you know, re-reading this post made me realize something: that statement made by Dubya was not really stupid at all. Did you notice how TRUE it is? I don't think the GOP EVER stops thinking of ways to harm this country...

10:58 PM  
Blogger The Doctor said...

*buzz* Sorry, this is a strictly non-partisan blog. I refuse to contribute to the further distillation of our purple mountains majesty into its red and blue components.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home