Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Maybe I've Been Watching Too Much "Alias"

I think the CleaningCrew at TheCompany is stalking me.

Not in the classic sense, they're not standing around every corner holding jars of mustard or peering over my cube walls with longing looks. But it seems like whenever I go to use the facilities, there they are, with one of their damnable little carts blocking the entrance. At first I thought perhaps my post-Morning-Chocolate-Muffin hygenic fixations at the restroom closest to my work hovel were just running afoul some carefully crafted schedule of theirs (which already strikes me as odd - you'd think the optimal time to clean a restroom is after everyone leaves, not during that odd hour between 9-10am when the first batch of coffee has raced through everyone's systems.) . But no, they're up to something. I know it because today, anticipating this conflict of schedules, I opted for a less conveniently located facility, only to be confronted by one of their damnable carts, as if they knew I'd try to outthink them.

And that was in the morning.

After lunch, I wanted to clean up before heading into the lab. Downstairs. Across the building. Guess what was blocking the doorway of the facility nearest the lab?

But I'm onto them now. Tomorrow, I'll tell my boss I'm working on software, but I'll really be bulding a Disgronificator to sweep the restrooms for whatever nefarious devices the CleaningCrew are implanting. I don't know what their agenda is, but I'll stop that Arvin Sloane, no matter what the cost.

Now I just have to figure out what to do about those jars of mustard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home