Thursday, July 07, 2005

My Abortion of a Day

I should've stayed in bed today.

No, wait. That's not good enough. Let me try again.

In a previous life, I was a professional puppy-kicker.

That's about the only way to explain off the massive amount of karma I burned off today. I'd say I had paid up for next year's membership in the It Socks to Be Us Club, but I've already run that tally and calculated I'm good through the sun going cold.

So my car was broken into this morning. Yup, life beech-slapped me around 8:30am when I walked out to my beloved RSX to notice... No, wait, there was no "notice". Notice suggests the presence of an odd and previously unheard noise registering in your audial pathways. No, there was only "walk to the passenger side to dump my work sack and behold the thousands and thousands bits of tempered glass on my roof, on the asphalt, on the passenger seat, just about everywhere you could imagine save for the window frame of my passenger door. All of them twinkling in the morning sun, mocking me.

You can choose your expletive of choice because I pretty much muttered them all. Flowers wilted, young tender ears burned, the earth shuddered. I had to call TheCompany and tell them I may or may not be in, call the police to get a report, call glass companies and get estimates, realize my deductible is more and even if it weren't, I dare not make a claim for fear of my insurance dropping for... surprise, surprise... actually using it, then try to find a place that could actually do the job today. (They say 24/7 service - that's just for some bubble-gum-popping nail-filing type to take your call. No one said they'd actually do anything...) I finally found place, naturally quoting me more, but I had to wait until 3pm. So, not seeing a point in sitting at home fuming, not to mention racking up even more hours of work lost, I headed into the office.

(I'm not even going to touch my day at work. I mean, the lone bright spot is that my immediate boss is indeed a Cool Guy who was "do what you gotta do", but there was one person there who was working on my very last nerve and I swear it was only my not wanting to spend the afternoon in HR (or be sent home on a permanent basis) that stopped me from telling said person what was really on my mind. )

And naturally it rained. One bubble-gum-girl tried to convince me it was ok to wait until tomorrow to have my window fixed because, "There's no chance for rain today". I wanted to snap back "What state do you live in? Because it's not the state I live in." The radio-weather man said "20% in some locations". Well, if you're me, and you have busted car window with a couple of trash bag duct taped over it, the rain forecast is Metaphysical Certitude. And I don't mean some wussy little shower. No, I'm getting Dennis' Warm-Up Act. I literally had to scramble out to the parking lot and find some canopy near another building and ride out the 30 minute monsoon. During this time, I called Dudette for an impromptu It Socks to Be Us meeting, full of gallows humor because I was brushing up against that "I don't know whether to laugh or cry" feeling.

Finally 3pm rolled around, where I was privileged to lose yet even more time and pay 2 1/2 Benjamins for a replacement window. The repair man was nice enough to show me the small "scar" on the window frame where the "inexperienced thief" tried to pry the window open. Oh, goody, not only am I a victim of a crook, I'm a victim of a newbie crook. I feel so much better.

Ok, so life could be worse. My car could have been stolen. I could've been in London. But, as the saying goes, all things are relative. And relatively speaking, My. Day. Blew.

Geezamoli.

PS Apologies if what should be primo ranting falls a little short. Today has so stressed me out that I don't really have the energy. Hell, the fatigue is the the only thing that'll let me fall asleep tonight because I'm paranoid right now about the next car-jacker honing his skills on my poor little car. I want to sleep in my car with a baseball bat and just hope someone tries it again.

Update: Apparently I was not the only one beset upon by the hooliganism. A neighbor told me someone else's Integra (love them Hondas!) was broken into and another was a would-be. He apparently interrupted their attempts and was last seen wandering the parking lot with a baseball bat. I'm tempted to join him. I'm not one to advocate violence on a minor, but I would like to introduce the ones to cost me my next hour-long massage to the fine solid construction of a Louisville Slugger.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely useful information specially the ultimate part :) I maintain such info much. I used to be seeking this particular information for a very lengthy time.
Thank you and good luck.
cash for scrap cars toowoomba
scrap car buyer

11:07 PM  
Blogger Max Cash For Cars said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
sell car for cash brisbane
scrap cars brisbane

12:34 AM  
Blogger Metalbiz said...

Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work.
cash for scrap cars ipswich
brisbane cash for cars

11:51 PM  
Blogger Car Removal NSW said...

Thanks for sharing such a nice information. We provide a free cash quote over the phone and online. To get an unwanted cash for cars wollongong area , you can call us at the number below or fill out our online quote form that is located at the top right of this page

4:57 AM  
Blogger North Coast Wreckers said...

Great post and very informative post. North Coast Wreckers provide the best used or new car parts at an affordable price. Whether you are looking for an auto part for your engine. Cash for Unwanted Cars Townsville

5:08 AM  
Blogger Local Cash For Cars said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. Local Cash for Car is a licensed auto removal company that buys all types of used, junk, scrap, broken, and damaged vehicles for as much as up to $8,999 free car removal sunshine coast.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Fast Car Removals said...

Such a great information for blogger I am a professional blogger thanks. Best cash for scrap cars hervey bay means cash up to $9999 and free fast pickup. We take any car whether it’s used, scrap, junk, old, salvage, written-off or accidental. Our drivers are prompt and pick up a car at the scheduled time. Hassle free service and quick paperwork. We need your driver’s license to make a selling receipt and cash will be paid on arrival. We bought 39% of total cars from Ipswich last year and the number is increasing.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home